How Much Does Laser Skin Tag Removal surgery Cost & Their Side Effects?July 26th, 2011 | Posted by in Laser Surgery
Laser Skin Tag Removal
Skin tags can be removed in a number of ways, and one of them is through laser technology. It is a quick process that can be handled in a clinic or in an outpatient center.
- Skin tags are the excess skin protrusions commonly found in the neck and back area.
- Laser treatments burn off the skin tag and at the same time cauterizes the wound so that there is no bleeding.
What causes skin tags?
- Genetics – This can be a familial trait and chances are when a parent has it, the kids will too.
- Aging – this can be a normal part of aging, together with wrinkles and lines.
Will of removal these skin tags hurt?
- There is some pain to be expected from the procedure, but some patients report it as similar to getting a needle stick.
- Pain Management is also available to patients who are concerned with the possibility of pain from the procedure.
Are the results immediate?
- Yes, the result or laser skin tag treatment is immediate
Is it permanent?
Yes, the removal process is permanent.
- However, like in blemish removal, the laser treatment is only going to treat existing tags and will not prevent the appearance of more in the future.
Skin Tag Laser Removal Side Effects
It is a minor procedure, but there are still going to be some side effects that patients should look out for. These include:
- Redness around the area where the tag was removed, this is a normal response of the body to surgical trauma.
- Itching and some pain when touched
- Blanching or discoloration of the area where the tag used to be – a side effect of using laser.
Other side effects include:
- Burning sensation
Always, when the patient presents any of these side effects, it is good to take note of them. If the symptoms persist or worsen, the patient might need to go back to the clinic for medications or diagnosis of the problem.
Cost of Laser Skin Tag Removal
- There are many different factors which will determine the total costs of the laser procedure done to remove skin tags.
- Most of the time, the cost is going to depend on the laser technology used and on the number of tags that need to be removed.
- Other factors include:
- The number of sessions necessary to achieve the desired results
- Doctor’s fees
- Clinic fees