How Much Does Hydrogel Injections Cost (Price): Risks and Side EffectsJune 23rd, 2011 | Posted by in Cosmetic Surgery
- Hydrogel is a synthetic dermal filler that is used as a replacement to tissues that are lost which often results in sagging of a certain body part. This filler can also be used to augment particular body parts to make it look fuller.
- Most common parts of the body where hydrogel are used include the buttocks and the thighs.
- The procedure would start by letting patients take antibiotics a week prior to the procedure.Â During the actual procedure, the hydrogel will just be injected on the areas where it needs to be.Â A strong massage of the body part where the hydrogel is injected is also done during the actual procedure to ensure even distribution.
- Pain and discomfort can be experienced after the procedure and would subside after a few days.
- The actual result can be observed after a monthâ€™s time.
- For buttock and thigh augmentation using hydrogels, it is recommended that the patients will sleep on their stomachs for at least twenty-four hours after the procedure. Sitting for more than an hourâ€™s time should be avoided together with jumping and running for the first few days of healing. Exposure to the sun and sexual activities should also be avoided for some time until healing is established.
- Ice and heat packs can greatly alleviate the swelling and bruising.
Hydrogel Injections Price/Cost
- The price usually depends on the expertise of the surgeon, anesthetic used, and the geographical location. Like the cost of the procedure in the state of New York is known to be much cheaper as compared to those that are done in California.
Hydrogel Injections Side Effects
Adverse side effects can be avoided when a well-trained and licensed surgeon will do the hydrogel injections in a clinic or hospital that has a complete set of facilities.
- Swelling and redness can be observed for the first few days after the procedure.
- Pain can be experienced that is similar to sore muscle pains.
- Spironolactone Side Effects. Minor side effects may include loss of appetite, dizziness and always feeling thirsty. Major ones include a drop in heart rate, weakening of the muscles, and potassium levels of the blood are increased.
- Wellbutrin Side Effects. Weight loss, a dry mouth and agitation are some of the effects that can be experienced.
- Pimples are formed.
- Permanent scarring.
- Nerve Damage. When the procedure is done in the buttocks, this can be a serious issue since the nerve damage can end up to paralysis.
- Stretch Marks. This will happen since the size of the body part being injected will grow very fast.
What Is The Cost of Fat Injections in Lips and Cheeks?
How Much is Double Eyelid Surgery Cost Procedure: Risks and Side Effects
Slimming Injection for Weight Loss, Price and Side Effects: Tips and Advice
What Are Buttocks Fat Injections: Advantages and Disadvantages
Liposuction Shots: Uses, Cost, Side Effects of Liposuction Injections