Brazilian Fat Transfer Procedure and Cost Of Surgery: Tips & SuggestionJune 28th, 2011 | Posted by in Cosmetic Surgery
Anyone who has not heard of what a Brazilian butt transfer is may think it a butt procedure that mimics Brazilian buttocks. No, this is merely another term for a simple butt augmentation using the personâ€™s own fats. Many people have opted to use their own fat as implants for its advantages over other synthetic implants.
Brazilian Fat Transfer
- Also known as Brazilian butt transfer, autologous fat grafting, and microlipoinjection.
- The aim of the procedure is to create more shapely buttocks.
- The procedure makes use of the patientâ€™s own fat from other part of the body to serve as a filler or implant.
- Liposuction is commonly done on areas such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and flanks to harvest fat.
- The procedure is highly successful in giving patients lifted, youthful, and more contoured looking buttocks.
- The benefits of fat transfer include:
- No allergic reactions from the patientâ€™s own fat.
- No implant rejection from the body.
- The area that has undergone liposuction becomes more contoured.
- The buttocks look soft and naturally round and curvy.
- Long lasting results.
- Decreased risk of infection.
- Disadvantages of fat transfer for butt augmentation include:
- Resorption of fats into the body can occur depending on the technique of the doctor.
- Repeat fat injections may be necessary.
- Permanent and long lasting results are highly dependent on the expertise of the surgeon.
Brazilian Fat Transfer Procedures
The Brazilian butt lift procedure can be done on an outpatient basis.
- Anaesthesia is given to the patient.
- The donor area is prepped and cleansed with an antiseptic.
- Liposuction of fats from the donor area is done.
- Harvested fat is processed for use.
- The recipient area, the buttocks, is prepped and cleansed using an antiseptic.
- The fat is injected slowly in thin layers over Gluteal muscles and tissues until the right contour is achieved.
- Several hundred microplipoinjections placed at various depths is necessary to achieve the right contour as well as to aid in permanent results.
- The patient is made to wear compression garments to help shape the butt and also to reduce swelling.
Brazilian Fat Transfer Cost
The cost of Brazilian butt lift may vary depending on several factors:
- Geographical location
- Facility fee
- Doctorâ€™s fee
- Cost of anaesthesia
- Fat harvesting costs
- Fat injection costs